Monday, June 22, 2009

Old Beer

Greg found this Tsingtao beer in Kent's fridge at the last Shop Night.

He enjoyed it. It's been in the fridge for at least two years and Kent bought it at an estate sale of all places so who knows how old it is.

Seems like an old style Tsingtao label. The cap had a cork seal, not the modern plastic.

Full of mischief?

Nope, just photographing jewelry. As part of Felice's trip to NY we bought a 2nd digital camera. I bought a Nikon Coolpix L20 purely on the basis of it being available at Staples and taking AA batteries. Why AA? Because then I only have to have one charger instead of dedicated charger proliferation. I like the camera but it has too many options as well as an annoying 3 minute power off when unused...I would love to disable that. Anyway, I can now take pictures of Felice taking pictures.

I decided to buy a Black & Decker cordless mower because the DR Mower is a pain to start up for just the front and back yards. It's been working well cutting our relatively high grass and I seem to get tired well before the battery runs out of power. We'll see how long it works before exploding. I don't have a lot of confidence in it but I'm willing to give it a chance.

I have a customer who wants me to make Pilcrow earrings. I'll be making the die this week, a nice complement for our Schwa earrings. I may also do Section Sign earrings...

Honestly I'd rather sleep for a week. Between two boys with a GI bug this week and Felice being off with Henry the whole week before while I tended to Max, I'm just worn out.

No comments: