Sunday, September 20, 2009

Quick Super Soaker Repair

We picked up a Super Soaker D5000 at a yard sale yesterday. Unfortunately it wouldn't pump up.

I removed all of the screws holding the two halves together.

Then I used screwdrivers to pry that orange cap off (to the right). It has a small lip that retains it.

The plunger o-ring was a bit worn/dried out so I replaced it with one from my handy O-Ring Assortment Kit
. It's a pain to press the orange cap back on, pressing it against the edge of my bench worked best.

Now it works.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I can't figure out what I want more, to be you or to have you be my dad.

Really. You rock so very, very hard. I lurk on your and Felice's journal just because I love reading about your lives and kids. I'm a new mom and I hope that someday I'll be able to create for my little one the same warm, relaxed environment. Also I hope that someday I'll have a Taig lathe.

Thanks for sharing your lives with random blog-readers!