- viSparsh Haptic product development.
- YUMI Multiboot USB Creator. I now has a USB thumb drive set up to boot into one of several Linux distributions which is handy and fun. Still haven’t gotten it to work well with distributions other than those directly supported, but that’s probably my fault.
- Ancient Computers in use today.
- Reel Crime: The Pulse Sensor Counterfeit LEDs Story
- Mastodon bones found at (Corvallis) construction site.
- The Oughtred Society, crazy slide rule collectors.
- ViewPlus makes braille printers in Corvallis.
- SPARK Museum of Electrical Innovation, need to visit it!
- MIT App Inventor is now in open Beta. I played with it a little, it seems like a good way to teach Android App development to kids already familiar with Scratch.
- Circuit Lab simulator. Haven’t played with it yet.
- Japanese Fart Scrolls
- E-Asia Digital Library at U of O.
- SciShow on Youtube.
- Open Beam, a friend is launching an Open Source miniature construction system (t-slot extrusion) that looks much better than the alternatives.
- Sonic Screwdriver TV-B-Gone, just met the chap that made this Instructable.
- Zack Henningsgaard Photography. The son of a friend has just started his first business. Great work and how the hell am I so old that kids I knew as babies are now adults?
Wednesday, April 04, 2012
Just a dump of stuff I consider interesting from the past couple of months.