Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Scrap Wood Treadmill Desk

I’m out of shape and need to exercise more. A cousin of mine has a treadmill desk and lost a pile of weight by walking slowly while working. So I figured I’d whip one up and give it a try. I made it out of pieces of wood I had laying around (most of which were bought cheap at the local salvage place or Habitat’s resale store.) The top is a kitchen cabinet door that my friend Kent gave me from his junk wood pile.tread01 tread3tread4 tread5 tread6 As you can see I already have PC set up, but it was just for watching video from Netflix and Hulu while using the treadmill. And it seems stupid to just walk and watch when your hands are idle. Devil’s workshop and all that.tread2
Seems to work fine but will take some getting used to.

2 comments:

Ben said...

Just came across your blog to rescue a broken brio train.. Many many thanks for that. I'm a treadmill desk man too - great for keeping fit while working! I try to do 10,000 steps a day on it. Good luck

Felice Luftschein said...

Thanks! I'm on it right now. Now I have two monitors mounted and a nice desktop instead of the tiny laptop.