Friends of ours are going to be needing their old abused stroller soon. Unfortunately there’s a stress crack that broke the frame.
It would probably be a better idea to weld it, but I don’t have an easy way of welding aluminum, nor am I a particularly skilled welder.
I sketched out a plate.
Sawn and about to be copied.
Filing the contours of the two pieces to match.
Two pieces. I figure sandwiching the stroller frame between the pieces will hold it together for at least a couple of years.
Hole locations marked.
Drilled. Note that I did the holes with the pieces clamped together.
Test fit. I used #10-32 stainless button head cap screws and painted nylon insert lock nuts. It shouldn’t come apart although if these guys could crack the frame…
I hit it with some black spray paint so it wouldn’t be as noticeable.