Monday, February 14, 2011

Kitchen Fun

We put in some new cabinets.


Nothing exciting. They’re stained cherry now, but I still haven’t put up any molding. I hate molding.


This was exciting. A sudden flash of white hot electric light, flames and much hissing...


and a full pan of water exits through the hole into the stove...

The stove store (Stover, Evey and Jackson) said this is what happens when an element burns out. Usually it isn’t as dramatic but they had seen worse. Nice thing about SEJ is that they assumed I’d fix it myself, sold me new parts and told me it would be no problem.


Always take a picture of the wiring before you replace a switch.


The old switch. See how the contacts on the right are melted?