Monday, July 21, 2008

New Helmets, Big Trains

Derrick the Ohioan, master bike mechanic and fellow airgun nut, sent Henry and Max new bike helmets.

"See, this is what my cheapskate parents used to make me wear."

Max is delighted.

Henry and Max set off for the open road.

This can't help but make us nervous.

Max struggles to keep up...

Henry was a bit bored the other day so I decided it was time to dig the LGB train set out.

Sitting back and controlling the big train.

I amassed a large amount of track through careful and lucky estate sale purchases. You don't want to know what a basic train and circle track would cost new...all that track is even more expensive...say $5-$10 a piece...

Oh no! Derailment at high speed.

The G-scale trains are easy for a child to rerail. Henry and Max really love it, and it's a good way to get them outside.

I should have had pictures from this weekend when we went to daVinci Days festival in Corvallis, but being on my lonesome with the boys, I forgot to take the camera. A good time was had by all, and much stealth learning was done. Between the Children's Village and the other exhibits, we managed to spend a good 6 hours.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good guys!

Derrick

Mimi-n-Moe's Mom said...

You live in a beautiful place. I love looking at all the pics you guys post. How far is your nearest neighbor? Ours are practically on top of us! :(

Felice Luftschein said...

Our neighbors are close, maybe 200 feet on either side. It's ruralburbia....

Mimi-n-Moe's Mom said...

ruralburbia is better than suburbia! you guys have a wonderful setting! my kids are amazed by these pics. mimi asked me if you took them at the zoo! :)
have a good weekend!