Saturday, March 12, 2011

I Must Have Taken A Wrong Left Turn At Albuquerque.

We took a short trip to Albuquerque to visit with Felice’s parents. Her Brother and his family made the trek as well.

fred

This is what I look like when I’m terrified. The flight to ABQ was somewhat (extremely) bumpy and we landed in at least a 40mph wind. My new friend Fred kept me talking the whole flight so I managed without being sedated by the flight crew. Yes, that’s a piece of gum in my mouth, I was chewing the whole time to keep my pressure equalized.

cl03

The whole family, minus myself and my sister-in-law.

sil03

That’s my sister in law. I have a number of pictures of her like this.

cl05

A view out the back of the house.

cl06

It’s in the foothills of the Sandia mountains.

cl11

Joe (Felice’s dad) has a number of his sculptures around the house.

cl09

He’s creative. All the paintings in the house are his as well.

ot02

We went to old town

st07

Felice, Fran and the kids went up the mountain on the tram.

st09

Cable!

wombat

I saw a Wombat at the zoo. I decided that the Wombat is my favorite animal.

rocks

We also saw the Petroglyphs.

2 comments:

John Bear Ross said...

The flight approach into ABQ is always bumpy. No fun.

Did you eat at Rudy's? Good BBQ.

And, of course, blue corn enchiladas, with green chile.

Looks like you guys had a great trip.

Best,
JBR

Felice Luftschein said...

We didn't eat barbeque (vegetarian ratio was high) but we did eat at a cool Mexican market - never had a pineapple tamale before. I wish I could have taken all the food back with me.