Monday, January 21, 2013

Catching Up

Just the highlights.

01121301
Our old couch. Notice the shine on the cushion to the right of Henry? That’s the product of several years of child spillage and leakage.

01121302
Our new couch. It’s much more comfortable.

cathair01
I got this laptop for free from some friends (I repair their computers and they give me their old ones when they upgrade, which is ok). It was running a bit hot due to the wall of pet hair against the heatsink. I have passed it on to other friends to replace their old laptop. It was running XP with 512MB of ram, now it has 1GB and is running Xubuntu. This makes 4 machines I’ve transitioned friends to linux on.

iceice01
It’s been really cold. I don’t like it at all.

01211301
I bought myself an electric guitar. Not that I can play it, but I can make noise.

01211302
On my bench is a disassembled 8” LCD in store advertising display. It plays a video from a SD card when a button is pressed.

01211303

I was intrigued by the header on the bottom of the middle board. It has inputs labeled for R,G,B and H and V sync which makes me think it’s a standard VGA input. If so I should be able to use it as a tiny PC monitor. I don’t know why I want to, but it’s there to be hacked. We’ll see.

No comments: