Saturday, January 27, 2018

Eurorack Modular Synthesizer Case

Yay, new hobby/midlife crisis. Slowly putting together a eurorack format modular synthesizer. The case is the first bit you need. casebuild01casebuild02casebuild03
Rails from Synthrotek. I wish they had measured drawings.

casebuild04casebuild05
Meanwell RT65-b power supply. Busboard was from a random Ebay auction.
casebuild06casebuild07casebuild08casebuild09casebuild11

Milled a slot so I can slip in more nuts without disassembling the case.

casebuild10Fine tuning the rear panel after mounting the power supply, so covered everything with plastic.

casebuild12casebuild13
The wood is from a 1x8 I found laying in the road. It has insect damage and checking.casebuild14

I finished in early November 2017.

casebuild15
This is how many modules I’ve built since. I’m buying PCBs for various modules and then sourcing components and soldering them up. Fun.

No comments: