Saturday, June 14, 2008

Darryl's Fork Problem...

Nome's husband Darryl called up last Sunday night. This was, in and of itself, unprecedented so I knew he needed some help. Turns out he had managed to break an "easy-out" off in a stud he was trying to remove from his Ducati fork. So he came over on Monday and I ground the "easy-out", out. Then we removed the rest of the studs and replaced them with threaded inserts I whipped up on the lathe.

One of two finished forks.

The threaded inserts.

Besides that, not much has been going on. I am about to watch the last disc of the first season of "Intelligence", a CBC drama by the creator of "Da Vinci's Inquest". The series is addictive. Unfortunately the series was only made for two seasons. While I was trying to winkle out information about the show, I found a wonderful Canadian TV Blog, "TV eh?". Anyway, "Intelligence" is a cross between "The Wire", "The Sopranos", "Da Vinci's Inquest", with a dash of spy intrigue.

No comments: